North N2 - Nature & Zen time
Time : 6 hours - Price : 85 $ / 75 €
This 6 hours north part of the island proposes a huge variety of discovering and amazing sightseeing.
The most interesting sights to see in our 6 hour tour will be the following :
...then crossing the rain forest ; green, huge !! up to 40 feet of precipitations a year !!!
3) Visit the fresh water cascade "saut du gendarme". Since we have to cross a little river to access, it's strongly recommended to wear water shoes. Refreshments are served in this beautiful environment...
4) then we'll visit a great botanical garden : it's called "Domaine d'Emeraude" which gives information on Martinique island, vegetation, flowers, animal life thanks to its interactive museum as well as external flowers, medicinal plants ; you can also access a 20 min trail within the tropical forest (1 hour planned at this place - entrance fees included in the price)
5) Depaz rum distillery located at the feet of the sleepy volcano "Mont Pelee" ; you can visit the habitation place and taste the delicious rum and liquors. DEPAZ is one of the oldest rum factory : created in 1651 !!
6) Then we stop at St Pierre the formal capital of Martinique called Little Paris before the volcanic eruption in 1902 which killed 28 000 people in less than 2 minutes (except 1 lucky guy) and a quiet walk within the ruins of the town
7) then finishing by a black sand beach bath ; it's recommended to wear your swimsuit under your clothing (facilities may not be available....)
Contact me for further details....
KEYS' ORGANIZATION POINTS :
- Tour start at the Pier of Fort de France - pick at your cruise ship's pier
- Tour is done in A/C 8 people van
- Language available : French ; English ; German ; Italian
- Pastries & refreshments
- Price : 85 $ / 75 € per person (free under 3 - possibility to provide car seats)
- Booking done by e-mail (no deposit required) or through trip